Most restaurants that offer appetizers often include a meal that comes with chili since chili recipes are on trend recently. Making a pot of spicy, soothing chili on the stove requires very minimal effort. After that, the possibilities are infinite. Don’t worry if you have purchased more chili than what you needed in your pantry because you can cook a variety of dishes using such ingredients. It is a convertible ingredient that can be used to make chili hot dogs, chili nacho fries, and a variety of other dishes. Are you out of ideas on what to do with leftover chilli recipes? Read on to know the different leftover chili recipes to bring this classic dish a new lease on life.
Excellent Chilli Leftover Recipes Everyone Can Follow
There are several ways to prevent food waste, especially if you are skilled at preserving and reusing things that would or else end up in the trash. Food waste reduction is a great way to save money and practice good sustainability. Come after the instructions if you have no idea what to do with leftover chilli recipes.
- The ingredients needed for the Chilli Burrito are as follow:
- 40 grams of beef
- Half a cup of chopped onion
- Minced garlic (1 clove)
- Half a teaspoon of cumin
- One-quarter of Salt
- One eight teaspoons of pepper
- 4.5 oz of diced green chili peppers
- 16 oz of beans (refried)
- 15 oz chili (no beans)
- 10 oz tomato soup (condensed)
- 1 enchilada sauce
- 7, 12 inches flour tortillas (warmed)
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes ( 1 cup)
- 2 cups of Mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- Half a cup of chopped green onions
- In a saucepan over medium heat, break the ground beef. Cook, constantly stirring, until the meat is pretty browned. Cook until the onion is transparent. Drain the grease and add garlic, salt, cumin, and pepper to taste. In a large mixing bowl, combine the green chilies and refried beans until everything is connected. Turn off the heat but maintain the pan warm.
- Mix the chili with no beans, tomato soup, and enchilada sauce in a saucepan. Cook, constantly stirring, until the mixture is thoroughly warmed. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Put the warmed tortilla on a dish and scoop half a cup of ground beef mixture into the middle. As desired, garnish with tomato and lettuce. Cover the stuffing with the tortilla and roll it up. Spread a good amount of sauce on top, then end with cheese and some green onions. Heat for about 30 seconds in the oven, just until the cheese has melted. Carry on for the rest of the tortillas in a similar way.
The ingredients needed for the Cowboy Stew are as follow:
- 680 grams of ground beef
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 15 oz cream-style corn
- 15 oz chili with beans
- 15 oz baked beans ( with pork)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 5 oz diced green chilies
- In a wide saucepan or Dutch oven, crush the ground beef over moderate heat.
- Cook the beef while constantly stirring until the meat is no lightly browned.
- Remove grease from pan.
- Switch the heat lower to medium-low and add the corn, chili with beans, tomato sauce, baked beans; and lastly, add the green chilies, stir to mix well.
If you don’t know what to do with leftover chilli recipes, here are the ingredients for the Triple Bypass:
- 40 grams of ground beef
- 15 oz chili with beans
- 32 oz frozen potato rounds
- 5 slices of bacon
- 8 oz cheese food
- 5 green onions- chopped
- Preheat the oven up to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Stir the ground beef into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook while repeatedly stirring until the meat is flaky, uniformly browned, and not pinkish in the middle anymore. Any residual grease should be drained and discarded. Stir in the chili until it is well combined. Fill a baking pan halfway with the chili sauce, and then finish with a thin layer of frozen extra crispy potato rounds.
- Bake the potato rounds in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until heated through and crispy. In the meantime, in a big, deep saucepan, cook the bacon over moderate heat, occasionally flipping, for about 10 minutes, or until uniformly brown and crispy. Absorb oil from the bacon slices on a plate covered with paper towels. Place the crushed bacon on a plate and set it aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or ceramic cup, melt the processed cheese food in 30-second sequences for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring after each melting. Lastly, finish by topping with bacon, green onions (optional), and melted cheese.
Leftover Chilli Dog
The ingredients needed for the Leftover Chilli Dog are as follow:
- Hot Dogs
- Chilli with beans (3/4 cups)
- Hotdog bread
- Shredded cheese (cheese may vary depending on your preference)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- Cook the hotdogs using the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until they are warm.
- Microwave the chili while in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 to 2 minutes or until warmed.
- Cut the hot dogs lengthwise and put them in the bread—top with half of the shredded cheese, chili with beans, chopped onions, and yellow mustard.
- There are a lot of dishes you can do if you do not know what to do with leftover chilli recipes. Just be a little creative, and you’ll be good.
Cooking indeed requires not just skills but also talent and creativity. You must think outside the box to be able to come up with new dishes and recipes, even out of scratch and leftovers. Now that you have ideas on what to do with leftover chilli recipes continue discovering new dishes. Who knows? It could be a hit! Discover more chilli recipes here!