Can’t get enough pasta? Why not make your own at home? Good idea, but many people may cringe at the thought of making pasta noodles at home. It’s understandable, though – making pasta is a tough job. Mixing and kneading alone can take a long time and a lot of energy. However, this doesn’t mean it’ll be impossible. If you have the right tools with you, making pasta will become a lot easier and faster, not to mention an exciting experience. Check out the KitchenAid KPEX Pasta Attachments and learn how making pasta from scratch can be so easy.
KitchenAid KPEX Pasta Attachments
The first thing you need to have here, of course, is the KitchenAid stand mixer. This favorite kitchen tool can help you knead, mix, batter, and many more. And if you have the right attachments, then you can surely expand its potential. For pasta lovers, here are some of the KitchenAid KPEX pasta sets you’d undoubtedly want to have.
- Pasta Sheet Roller – This tool is the simplest pasta attachment among the six. It does its work by rolling pasta dough into thin, wide sheets. Then, these thin sheets can be cut by hand or can be sent through the available pasta cutter. This attachment has eight thickness settings and has an adjustment knob that lets users change the distance between rollers to knead and roll the dough to their desired thickness or thinness with ease.
- Pasta Cutter Set – This set comes with a lasagnette cutter and a capellini cutter. The lasagnette cutter is used to make thicker noodles for fettuccine and egg noodles, while the capellini cutter is good for thinner noodles like angel hair noodles. Roll the pasta dough using the pasta roller attachment before cutting it with either pasta cutter to get the best results.
- Pasta Roller and Cutter Set – this KitchenAid pasta attachment set comprises the first two items above. This three-piece kit, which includes the pasta roller and two pasta cutters, is excellent for making homemade pasta noodles, perfect for spaghetti, fettuccini, and lasagna.
- Ravioli Maker – making pasta from scratch takes a good deal of time, but thanks to KitchenAid Ravioli Attachment, pasta-making has become easier and faster. To use this attachment, scoop the homemade ravioli using the hopper included in the set. Then, place it inside the attachment, which can easily create perfect sheets of ravioli squares.
- Gourmet Pasta Press – this attachment is said to be the most versatile among the other KitchenAid pasta attachments. This set has six interchangeable plates, which create pasta for spaghetti, bucatini, large and small macaroni, rigatoni, and fusilli. It also includes a wire cutter that allows cooks to control the length of the noodles.
- Pasta Drying Rack – included in the attachments is the KitchenAid drying rack. This tool helps dry pasta quickly and evenly before cooking or for storage. The drying rack has the capacity of four pounds of fresh pasta.
The great thing about the KitchenAid KPEX pasta maker is they are all compatible with any KitchenAid stand mixers. Simply attach the cutters and the rollers to the power hub on the front of the head of your KitchenAid stand mixer, and you’re good to go.
The pasta attachment pieces are chrome-plated and ensure lifelong durability. They need to be hand-washed, though, but nothing to worry about. The attachments are easy to clean, and KitchenAid includes a cleaning brush so there wouldn’t be any problems.
Steps On How To Assemble The Pasta Attachments To The Stand Mixer
First, take note that you strictly need only use a KitchenAid stand mixer and KitchenAid attachments. Using other accessories not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may damage the device, serious injuries, electric shock, or fire. Also, the pasta attachments can be used only for pasta dough.
For Pasta Sheet Roller And Pasta Cutters
- Turn the mixer off and unplug it.
- Flip up the hinged cover or loosen the attachment knob, depending on the type of hub your mixer has. You can either turn the knob counterclockwise or remove the attachment hub cover.
- Choose whether you’ll use the Pasta Sheet Roller or the Pasta Cutter Attachment. Then, insert the attachment shaft housing into the attachment hub of the stand mixer. Make sure that the power shaft fits perfectly into the square hub socket. The pin on the attachment housing will fit into the notch on the hub rim if it is in the proper position.
- Secure the attachment by tightening the attachment knob.
- You can now start using the machine by plugging and turning on the mixer.
DOs And DON’Ts When Using The KitchenAid KPEX Pasta Attachments
- Do not immerse the stand mixer in water or other kinds of liquid.
- Make sure that you unplug the mixer when not in use, when taking off parts or before putting parts/attachments, and before cleaning.
- Do not use the mixer if the cord or plug is damaged.
- Do not use the mixer if it has malfunctioned, dropped, or has been damaged in any manner.
- Do not use attachments not sold or recommended by KitchenAid.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer is designed for household use only. Do not use it outdoors.
- Keep the cord of the mixer from hanging over the edge of the table or counter.
- Keep the cord from contacting hot surfaces.
- When the mixer is on, keep your fingers away from the feed and discharge opening. Also, avoid wearing ties, scarves, and long necklaces as they might get into the feeder.
- Children and people with limited abilities must not be allowed to operate the machine alone. Close supervision with an adult is necessary.
Say goodbye to the time-consuming and exhausting pasta-making process with KitchenAid KPEX Pasta Attachments as achieving your homemade pasta recipes is just a few buttons away with the power of KitchenAid Stand Mixer and Pasta Attachments. So, prepare your best ingredients and be ready to make your pasta noodles from scratch. It sounds like an exciting time in your kitchen is about to happen. Learn more about pasta maker here!