Adding flavor to your dish makes it more appealing. The value of the food changes as it is paired with extra flavorings. When you know how to use chimichurri rub on your cooking, you create various dishes complimenting meals on different occasions. Discover the wide variety of uses of chimichurri and start making your own.
Taste of Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri is a sauce made of a variety of herbs and garlic in the South American country. The name and color vary according to the crops and spices. Don’t get intimated by it. Learn more about chimichurri and find out how to use chimichurri rub in your dish.
The chimichurri sauce is most commonly known in Argentinean cuisine as salsa green. It tastes vivid and fried, cutting into the salty, fatty aromas of Argentina’s world-famous flank steak grilled cuts or most beef cuts. Chimichurri can be eaten on mild or hot meats at room temperature or grilled vegetables at room temperature.
But don’t worry. It’s not all for steak Chimichurri. When grilled chicken, fish, vegetables, and even pork are draped, it is sauced gold.
Making of Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri is traditionally made from a mortar and a pestle, which combine spices, salt, and garlic to create a pulp, and then whisk or drizzle in the liquids. If you don’t feel the genuine chimichurri method, you can quickly get on your way with the whiz in a food processor or with a powerful mixer.
- One (1) finely chopped shallot
- One (1) finely chopped red jalapeño,
- Three (3) thinly sliced garlic cloves
- One-half (½) cup red wine vinegar
- One (1) teaspoon kosher salt
- One-half (½) cup finely chopped cilantro
- One-fourth (¼) cup finely chopped parsley
- Two (2) tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- Three-fourths (¾) cup extra-virgin olive oil
Step 1. In a medium dish, combine the chili, shallot and garlic, and vinegar with one teaspoon salt. Allow 10 minutes to rest. Then, mix the cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Whisk in oil using a fork. Transfer to a small bowl 1⁄2 cup of chimichurri; season with salt and store as a sauce. In a glass or ceramic bowl, put meat in stainless steel. Toss the rest of the chimichurri with it. Cover and keep chilled for a minimum of 3 hours or up to the evening.
Step 2. Take out the meat from the marinade. Pat it dry and grill.
Step 3. Spoon reserved chimichurri over grilled meat.
One or two days ahead, you should cool chimichurri before serving. You will find the sauce that lasts for some time in the refrigerator, much like salad dressings with high acid content. In making a batch of chimichurri sauce, you can generally keep the remains in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. However, use your judgment as always.
What to Put Chimichurri On and Ways to Use it
- As a plain sauce, combine into pasta salads or use as a green lettuce salad.
- Use it on scrambled eggs as a flavor maker.
- As a pizza spread with roasted vegetables and flatbread pizzas with cheese
- Slather on toasts and finish with new sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- In Greek yogurt or house cheese, a simple veggie dip is created.
Grilled Skirt Steak With Chimichurri
For the Skirt Steak
- Two pounds skirt steak
- Six garlic cloves-chopped
- One tablespoon-kosher salt
- Two tablespoons-oregano leaves
- One half cup red wine vinegar
- Two-thirds cup olive oil
- Four cups ripe tomatoes – sliced
- One half red onion- sliced thinly
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- One cup parsley
- One-fourth cup of oregano leaves
- Three green onions
- Three garlic cloves
- One half teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One half cup olive oil
- One-fourth cup red wine vinegar
- Three tablespoons – lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Place the meat in a plastic freezer. Next, add the garlic, vinegar, oregano, salt, and olive oil. Seal your bag together and massage the ingredients in the meat. Marinate for the next four hours to overnight in the refrigerator.
- To make the chimichurri sauce, you need to chop the peanut, oregano, green onions, and garlic. Combine it with red flakes of pepper, olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Mix evenly with the kosher salt, season, and add to the taste. Store in the fridge until ready to serve, one day ahead.
- The grill must be pre-heated to high. Pull the steaks and let them rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. Pull the marinade steaks and place them on the hot grill. Place steaks on each side for medium-rare with the remaining marinade and grill for 3-5 minutes, or until steaks reach 125 degrees F. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes and the onion in a bowl of medium size while the meat rest and add two heaping tablespoons of the sauce. Toss gently to cover and transfer to a serving dish.
- Put the steak on the top of the tomato salad across the grain and stack. Sprinkle the chimichurri sauce with generous amounts, and pass over for more at the table.
Spice Rub Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri
A healthy and simple 30 minutes dinner, packed with fresh, zesty flavors, is this Spice Rub Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri sauce. Learn how to use chimichurri rub with this chicken recipe that will surely become a favorite of your family!
- Two pounds chicken legs
- Two teaspoon garlic powder
- Two teaspoon ground cumin
- One teaspoon ground coriander
- One teaspoon smoked paprika
- One teaspoon sea salt
- One-half teaspoon ground black pepper
- One garlic clove
- One teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Three-fourths cup fresh cilantro
- One-fourth cup fresh oregano
- One lime – juice only
- Two tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Use medium-high heat for grill pre-heating.
- Add garlic, coriander, salt, cumin, black pepper, and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Stir together.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture across the chicken legs and rub the spice throughout.
- Put the chicken on the grill. Grill at medium heat for two to three minutes, each side.
- Turn heat to medium-low heat and cook chicken another 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 175 degrees internal temperature.
- In the meantime, put in a food processor garlic clove, lime juice, red wine, cilantro, olive oil, oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix till it is smooth.
- Serve chicken and top with chimichurri sauce!
Is the most versatile condiment ever to be chimichurri? Very likely. Learning how to use chimichurri rub is easy to produce and can be used in innumerable meals of hailed herbs, oils, and garlic. It is possible to use the simple flavors of herbs and garlic almost anything as a meat marinade, pasta sauce, or even a dip. Learn more about cooking tips here!