You got to raise that hand if you love munching on snacks. And the other hand if that is a healthy meal. You can never be sure about your food intake in today’s world unless you try to read the ingredients, health content, and its future effect on your body. Learning how to make homemade healthy snacks can be a safe way for healthy worry-free living. Whether you crave something salty, sweet, and whatever your taste buds like, you can plan and make a meal in the comfort of your home.
What is in a Healthy Snack?
Snack is another part of your day that you need as daily nutrition. However, most snacks sold at the store are high in saturated fat, salt, and sugar, with less value for food. Your snacks should not derail your progress towards healthy living. It is vital to meet daily nutritional needs with fruits and vegetables. Have a snack that would not leave you hungry—a perfect combination of good fats, carbohydrates, and protein. Take time to browse organic groceries for ease of access. If you don’t trust those ready-made packed snacks, learning how to make homemade healthy snacks is a must.
Healthy Cozy Smoothies
Fruits and vegetables are a must for every household. Having a nutrient-dense recipe will surely fuel your day as your body’s transformation into superfoods is an extra boost that your body needs. You might reckon it for just a “little drink,” but trust the process on how it will boost your immunity. So don’t worry about learning how to make homemade healthy snacks that are too complicated because fruits and vegetables are easy to prepare snacks.
1. Use fresh organic greens.
The Source of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals comes from the greens. Keeping it natural as possible gives a healthier outcome. Select dark leafy greens such as chard, kale, and spinach for your smoothie. But if rarely found, switch to mustard greens, celery, and romaine.
2. Select healthy liquid base
You should also be cautious when adding whole fruit to your smoothie to control sugar intake. Coconut water and nut milk are examples of suitable liquids. Know that nut milk bought at stores may contain emulsifiers, thickeners, and additives compared to homemade nut milk.
3. Add fruit
The newness of your green smoothie may take some time for your taste buds to adjust. Begin with a high ratio of your preferred fruit to aid your palate in getting used to the green flavor. As time passes by, you need to reduce the amount of fruit and increase your vegetable ratio.
Newbie Ratio – 2: 1 (Fruits to Greens)
2 cups of fruit mean one cup of greens
Nevertheless, work your way to a 1:1 ratio and soon doubling the number of greens to fruit. It will be one of the healthiest green smoothies to try.
Tip: Adding frozen fruit makes your smoothie thick and yummy! Place your apples, bananas, mangoes, strawberries, etc., inside a Ziploc bag and place them into your freezer.
4. Healthy fats
Fat isn’t bad at all. Healthy fats are essential as they absorb all the goodness coming from your fruits and vegetables. If you do not have sufficient fat, only a portion of the nutrients and vitamins are made available.
5. Mix-ins and Superfoods
Adding another level to your smoothie and some mixes is better. Top it with cinnamon, goji berries, protein powder, and collagen powder. It makes your skin, nails, and hair healthy-looking.
Meanwhile, organic coffee can also boost your energy and use as a starter to jump up your cravings.
Sweet Healthy Snacks
Craving hits come kicking any time of the day, may it be mid-morning or just after lunch. Heading to a convenience store may not always be practical. Here are some healthy snacks that could keep you energized throughout the day. Spend a little time preparing your healthy meals, and you will go a long way.
Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
Preparation time: Ten minutes; Thirty minutes chilling time
Serves: Twelve to fourteen balls
You will need the following:
- Pitte Medjool dates, 14 pieces
- 200grams roasted or raw almonds
- Four tablespoons of 100% natural peanut butter
- One tablespoon cacao powder
- One to two tablespoon water only if needed
- Crushed peanuts for garnishing
- Use baking paper to line your baking tray
- Mix all the ingredients into your food processor. Blend until you see the dough begins to form.
- If the appearance of the mixture looks dry, add a small amount of water. The consistency should be sticky.
- Use your bare hands to roll a tablespoonful of the mixture—ideally a snack-size ball. And place in the tray.
- In a separate plate, pour the crushed peanuts and roll over the snack-sized balls for coating.
- Return the rolled balls into the tray and keep refrigerated for thirty minutes.
- Serve your delicious peanut butter bliss balls and enjoy munching!
- Good fats
If you are craving something sweet, this can be your best alternative with nutritional value.
Preparation time: Fifteen minutes
Cooking time: Twenty minutes
Serves: 12 muffins
You will need the following:
- Two medium-sized eggs
- Two tablespoon – 100% pure maple syrup
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Three medium-sized ripe bananas (Mashed)
- 125ml low-fat milk
- 75 grams rolled oats
- 260 grams wholemeal flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out your 12-cup muffin tray and line with paper cases.
- Use a large bowl to mix the eggs, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Whisk evenly and stir in your mashed bananas, and lastly, the milk.
- Use a separate mixing bowl for the wholemeal flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Combine your banana mixture with the dry ingredients and mix using a wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture enough to fill 12 cases.
- Set your oven between 15 to 20 minutes. If the skewer comes out clean, your muffin is already good.
- Allow your banana muffins to cool in the muffin pan for five minutes.
- Top them with peanuts or some fresh slice of banana.
The benefit of exploring how to make homemade healthy snacks is favorable to your well-being. You are making good snacks from your kitchen while saving money on your grocery list. Idea discoveries are also made along the way, keeping you energized and creative throughout the day. Timing and craving will never be an issue as you can grasp it at hand. Stay full between meals! Learn more about making healthy snacks here!