When you love barbecue foods but live in an apartment complex or don’t want to spend a lot on a traditional grill, then having barbecue parties in your place may sound impossible. But that concern is a thing in the past. Barbecuing your favorite food with your family and friends is now possible, thanks to indoor electric grills.
Indoor electric grills gained popularity as they are efficient and safe to use, plus they do not require a lot of space. They are usually lightweight and can easily be carried anywhere and placed on the kitchen counter or a table, so you do not have to worry about having limited space for this kitchen equipment. If you’re thinking of buying your first indoor electric grill or want to replace an old one, you are just right on track as we’ll show you what is the best indoor electric grill in the market.
What is an Electric Grill?
If you want grilling to be easier and more convenient, an indoor electric grill is what you need. But, what is the best indoor electric grill? An electric grill is a grilling unit that uses electric heating elements that supply a constant heat source. The grate of an electric grill is usually placed above its heating element. There is also a drip pan located at the bottom to catch drips from the foods being grilled. Some electric grills have solid grill grates with deep grooves. The juices from the food will go straight here as the grate is slightly angled towards the drip pan. There are different types and varieties of electric grills to choose from. In this article, we’ll show you the four most common types of electric grills.
- Outdoor Electric Grills – this type of electric grill is quite similar to charcoal and propane grills. The most obvious difference is that you will have to plug an outdoor electric drill into an electrical outlet. You wouldn’t have to use charcoal or gas when preparing your food. Also, it is environment-friendly.
- Indoor Electric Grill – like its name suggests, this type of electric grill is for indoor use. This is best for people who live in tiny apartments or condos who cannot use regular grills due to limited space and fire hazards. Indoor electric grills are also popular in cold places where grilling outdoors can become challenging during the winter season. Famous indoor electric grills have grilling plates that are detachable and dishwasher-safe, so cleaning them wouldn’t take a lot of time and effort.
- Electric Griddles – the difference between regular grills and electric griddles is that the latter is flat and smooth. Electric griddles are best for cooking certain types of food, like pancakes and French toast. It will be pretty challenging to make them using a regular grill.
- Electric Smoker – this specific type of grill cooks meat at a slower pace to improve its flavor. The longer the meat stays in the electric smoker, the more flavorful the meat becomes.
What is the Best Indoor Electric Grill?
In this article, we will be focusing on indoor electric grills. So, if you want to know what is the best indoor electric grill in the market, you may want to check the list below.
- Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill – this indoor electric grill can sear at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. You can adjust its temperature using a dial to get the best results. It is built with a hood with high searing heat, which locks in juices and flavors and has power and preheat lights. It also has a removable nonstick plate, an extra-large drip tray, and a window in its lid to let you watch the food cook while inside the grill. The Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill has a 118-square inch grilling surface that allows you to cook food at a time for up to six people. This is an excellent choice if you are looking for an indoor electric grill that won’t hurt your pocket.
- Zojirushi Indoor Electric Grill – if you are looking for a flat grilling surface that you can easily put on your kitchen counter, then this is the one for you. The Zojirushi Indoor Electric grill has a compact design that takes up minimal space in your kitchen countertop. You can adjust its temperature from 176 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit, has a nonstick grill surface, and cool-touch handles and base, making it easy to move it around in your kitchen.
- Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Electric Countertop Grill – this indoor electric grill is not your typical kind of grill. It can also fry, roast, bake, and dehydrate. It has a 500-degree grate that gives you char-grilled marks and flavors and a 500-degree cyclonic air that gives even browning and charring on your favorite food. Its combination of the temperature-controlled grill grate, splatter shield, and cool-air zone minimizes smoke and keeps it out of the room. It is also easy to use as it has a digital control panel where you can select your desired cooking function and adjust time and temperature.
- George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill – this popular indoor electric grill deserves its spot on our list of what is the best indoor electric grill as it has several features you’ll surely love. Aside from the fact that it can be used indoors and outdoors, it also has a nonstick surface that’s easy to clean, a removable stand, and a 240-square inch circular grilling surface that can offer more than 15 servings at a time.
- Power XL Smokeless Electric Indoor Grill – this product has a built-in turbo extraction fan that helps eliminate the smoke when you are grilling your favorite meat and other foods. The Power XL Smokeless Electric Indoor Grill has two types of plate, the classic and flat griddles. Its flat griddle makes it the best indoor grill for vegetables. You can easily swap them depending on the kind of food you’re cooking. Its super nonstick Cerami-tech coating allows you to cook food without adding extra fat or oil. It also has a LED Smart Temperature control that can reach up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Philips Smokeless Indoor Grill – the Philips Indoor grill is among the best indoor smokeless grill in the market. It features advanced infrared burners that offer consistent and even grilling at 446 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has a non-stick cast aluminum grill and has removable parts that are dishwasher-safe.
What to Look for When Buying An Indoor Electric Grill
When buying an indoor electric grill, there are several factors you need to consider. These are necessary things to know so you’ll get the right one that suits your needs as well as your taste.
- Temperature – it is essential to know the voltage of the grill you want to purchase. This is because the higher the voltage is on the grill, the hotter the temperature gets. When cooking steak, chicken, and other cuts of meat, you will need a higher temperature for your grill.
- Heat Adjustment – this feature is necessary for indoor electric grills as it allows users to control the heat and temperature of the grill. This means you can cook a large variety of foods, from vegetables to meat, by changing the temperature.
- Size – this is another crucial factor that must be considered. Make sure that your indoor electric grill does not only suits your needs but also fits right in your kitchen. Ensure that you have the correct measurement of the space in your kitchen when looking for a new indoor grill.
- Cleaning – cleaning your kitchen equipment is essential in keeping it work well to get the best results and last longer. However, it is common knowledge that cleaning them can be really tedious and time-consuming. If you loathe cleaning, don’t have much time for it, or both, then look for an indoor electric grill that has self-cleaning features or those that use detachable plates and pans and dishwasher-safe.
- Price – this is perhaps the most important factor when buying a new indoor electric grill. You need to set an amount you are willing to spend or invest in your indoor electric grill. Some indoor electric grills cost less than $50, but if you want a high-end indoor electric grill with advanced features, you must prepare around $2000.
Buying an indoor electric grill can be overwhelming as many different types and brands are available in the market. Knowing what is the best indoor electric grills can narrow down your choices so you wouldn’t have to spend a lot of time looking for the best one for you.