Blender, grinder, boiler, mixer are just some of the most common and essential kitchen appliances. Though it is necessary to have them prepare and cook food faster and easier, having all of them would also take a lot of space on your kitchen counter. And let’s face it, not all of us have that luxury. But what if we tell you that you can have a blender, grinder, boiler, and more in one appliance? Yes, you read that right! It’s the Thermomix TM5. Keep on reading below and find out what is a Thermomix TM5 and how to use it.
What Is Thermomix TM5?
The Thermomix TM5 is an all-in-one kitchen appliance manufactured by the German company Vorwerk. It was launched in 2014 and has become a favorite kitchen appliance in the US, Australia, and some European countries. It has two major parts, the steel mixing bowl and the white base, where the mixing bowl sits. Other components of the Thermomix TM5 are:
- Mixing knife
- Seal ring for mixing knife
- Mixing bowl lid
- Butterfly whisk
- Spatula with safety disk
- Simmering basket
- Measuring cup
- Lid sensor
- Varoma lid
- Varoma tray
- Varoma dish
So, what is a Thermomix tm5, and what makes this multi-purpose kitchen appliance special? Check out its features below to find out:
- It has multiple functions – The Thermomix TM5 has several functions: steaming, blending, emulsifying, mixing, milling, whipping, kneading, chopping, grinding, precise heating, weighing, and stirring. These functions can be accessed simultaneously.
- Touchscreen – This multi-cooker is a digital machine equipped with a touchscreen with a guided mode. This allows users to follow recipes step by step.
- Controlled Heating Element – The difference between Thermomix TM5 from other blenders and food processors is that it has a thermostatically controlled heating element ranging from 99 degrees Fahrenheit (37 degrees Celsius) to 248 degrees Fahrenheit (120 degrees Celsius).
- Timer and Built-in Scale – Using Thermomix TMs makes cooking easier and faster as it allows users to make sure the food they are preparing will be done well as this machine has a timer and a built-in scale. No need to use another tool, which means you can spend more time and energy.
- Cook-Key Option – Users of Thermomix TM5 can opt to purchase an additional Cook-Key Wi-Fi add-on. This feature enables users to access a subscription-based online recipe catalog with over 600 recipes available.
- Varoma – This one is a particular feature/setting for steam cooking and steaming ingredients. This also means that it is the highest cooking setting of the Thermomix TM5. It can be activated by selecting the temperature dial on the machine’s display and selecting Varoma.
Things To Remember When Using Thermomix TM5 For The First Time
Now that you understand what a Thermomix tm5 is, the next step is to learn a few tips on how to use and take care of it.
- Before using your multi-cooker, make sure that you place it on a solid and even surface. It is even better to put it in a permanent area in your kitchen to avoid slipping and for you to operate it efficiently.
- When inserting the mixing bowl to the base, gently place it into position with the handle pointing to the front. Do not force open the mixing bowl. If you want to open it, make sure that the speed is set to “0,” and the locking mechanism has released it. Also, do not touch the locking arms or the lid when removing the mixing bowl.
- The brim of the mixing bowl must be clean at all times.
- To insert the mixing knife, place the mixing bowl on a clean, flat, even surface and hold the handle firmly. Then, push the mixing knife through the hole in the bottom of the mixing bowl. To lock the knife in place, turn the mixing bowl base 30 degrees counterclockwise.
- The sealing ring of the mixing knife must be fitted to the knife bearing. This ensures that there won’t be any leak of the ingredients from the mixing bowl and not damage the machine.
- The sealing ring cannot be removed. Never attempt to remove it, as it can damage your multi-purpose cooker.
- The purpose of the mixing bowl lid is to close the mixing bowl for safety reasons. This means the machine will not start unless the lid is correctly positioned and locked. DO NOT force the lid open when the Thermomix is locked. This may result in burns, injuries, and damage to the appliance.
- The Varoma is an accessory designed only for Thermomix. To use the Varoma, make sure that you set up your Thermomix TM5 correctly. The Varoma has three parts: the dish, tray, and lid. You can combine the parts in two ways. First is the Varoma dish + the tray, and the cover. This combination is used for cooking different foods, such as cooking vegetables with meat or fish. The second combination is the Varoma dish + the lid. This is used when cooking large amounts of the same food, like cooking vegetables or meat.
- When steaming with the Varoma, it is essential to put in enough water. Note that 30 minutes of steam cooking need 500ml of water, an additional 250ml for every 15 minutes added.
- When using this multi-cooker, never use other items like towels or dishcloths to cover the hole in the mixing bowl lid. Use only the Thermomix measuring cup.
- Do not use other items such as spoons, whisks, or knives to stir food in the mixing bowl. Use only the spatula and the knife included when you purchase the Thermomix TM5.
Cooking is not easy for everyone. It takes some skill, time and energy. This is why having the right tools and gadgets in the kitchen can be truly helpful. Preparing meals at home for the family has never been easier with the new Thermomix TM5. And since you know what a Thermomix TM5 is, you can now Introduce this amazing kitchen appliance to other family members and friends and let them experience the joy of having an all-in-one cooker at home. Learn more fantastic kitchen appliances here!