While it is not impossible to bake without a mixer, those who have tried using one certainly wouldn’t look back to baking and mixing food manually. Those who have tried using a kitchen mixer know how owning and operating one can help them do wonders in the kitchen – it helps them make better textures and consistency of their food mixtures. So, if you are buying a mixer for the first time or looking for a replacement for your old one, then you are on the right page. Read on and discover the wonders of Kitchenaid 4.8 Litre Artisan Stand Mixer 5ksm125.
What You Need To Know About Kitchenaid 4.8 Litre Artisan Stand Mixer 5ksm125
KitchenAid is a famous American home appliance brand that started way back in 1919. Its original mixer was designed by American-style guru Egmont Arens in 1937, and since then, KitchenAid mixers have become a household name. That is why we are confident that Kitchenaid 4.8 Litre Artisan Stand Mixer 5ksm125 is one of the top mixers in the market.s
The Kitchenaid 4.8 Litre Artisan Stand Mixer 5ksm125 is one of the replacements of the discontinued KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan Food Mixer. Made from die-cast metal, the KitchenAid Artisan Mixer 125 still has the standard robust and stable complete metal construction of KitchenAid mixers as well as a powerful direct-drive motor function. It has 10-speed settings that ensure fast, thorough, and precise mixing. This versatile, durable, and easy-to-clean kitchen tool comes in shades of red, black, silver, and cream, which caters to different kitchen styles with the KitchenAid logo embossed on the old model, which is printed in black. The KitchenAid KSM125 also comes with a 4.8Liter stainless steel bowl, a wire whisk, a dough hook, and a flat beater.
- 4.8L Stainless Steel Bowl – this mixing bowl has an ergonomic handle and is perfect for preparing small and large quantities of food. It is also dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean.
- Wire Whisk – the wires of this attachment are made from stainless steel while the head is of aluminum construction. This wire whisk is best for beating eggs, mixing egg whites, and whipping cream.
- Dough Hook – this accessory is made from aluminum and anti-stick nylon coating and is dishwasher-safe. It is perfect for mixing and kneading doughs for making pasta, pizza, or bread.
- Flat Beater – made from aluminum with an anti-stick nylon coating, this flat beater accessory can deal with heavy mixes, making it an ideal tool for cake mixes, icing, and mashed potatoes.
Things To Consider In Buying A Kitchen Mixer
Aside from the technical stuff, there are other things you need to think about when buying a kitchen mixer. Make sure you know these things before purchasing a new one.
- Cooking Needs – You need to sit down and think hard about your cooking needs, the kinds of food you make, and the quantity you need. If you bake bread and pastries for the entire family and your friends every birthday, Thanksgiving, and other special holidays, then look for a mixer that could let you make a lot of dough at once. If you like baking and cooking different kinds of food such as pasta, meatballs, and ravioli, then a stand mixer can help you with the right attachments.
- Your Budget – If you want to stick with hand mixers, there are several options for as low as $100. However, if you’re going to invest in a stand mixer, which is more expensive, you might need between $200 to $700. Some stand mixer mixers for commercial use would cost you more than $1000.
- Weight – For hand mixers, you may want to have something light and easy to hold. If you prefer a stand mixer, then the opposite would be ideal. Also, make sure that your stand mixer is sturdy.
- Size – When buying a mixer, especially a stand mixer, you need to consider its size because of two main factors: the space available in your kitchen and the amount of food you hope to make with your device. There is a wide range of sizes of mixers in the market. Of course, the bigger the model, the more expensive it gets.
- Speed Settings – Different types of foods require different mixing speeds. Most mixers, both hand, and stand mixers offer several speeds, from three to twelve options. All mixers have “slow start” and “fast” settings. Bakers and chefs can do with at least three different speed options of their mixers. But if you want to bake with a precise, specific speed, choose a model with more speed settings.
- Attachments – The type and variety of food you can make with your stand mixer expands depending on how much you are willing to invest in more attachments. Most stand mixers come with three standard attachments: dough hook, wire whip, and flat beater. These attachments are used for kneading, whipping, and making the batter. There is a wide array of additional attachments for more ambitious chefs like pasta roller, ravioli maker, ice cream maker, food grinder, and fruit and vegetable strainer.
- Ease of Cleaning – Hand mixers are a lot easier to clean than stand mixers. Stand mixers have several pieces that you need to clean. While some are dishwasher safe, there are others that need to be hand-washed after every use.
- Noise Level – Kitchen mixers do make a sound, that’s a given. However, there are some models that give off louder noise than others. So, if you are a bit sensitive to noisy appliances or are around people or pets who don’t like much noise, then go for models that are quieter than most mixers.
The Kitchenaid 4.8 Litre Artisan Stand Mixer 5ksm125 is the perfect kitchen partner for every cook and chef as it is made to perform and last. The KitchenAid Stand Mixer KSM125 can make kitchen work a lot easier and faster with its excellent features and elegant but robust design. And since it’s KitchenAid, last users can enjoy a 5-year guarantee. Learn more about kitchen tools here!