The Thermomix TM5 is one of the world’s most powerful kitchen appliances. It is both a food processor and a cooker. You can use it for mincing meat, kneading dough, and mixing batter. It is an amazing appliance that can cook a delicious dinner without the need for multiple pots and pans.
There are so many Thermomix TM5 functions to learn. It may take some time to adjust to the appliance’s complex features. If you are a new user, you need to learn how to operate it, including how to turn off the Thermomix TM5. Lucky for you, we have compiled this simple guide on the basic functions of this wonderful appliance.
Thermomix TM5 Operating Guide
The Thermomix TM5 manual provides basic tips including how to use all the appliance’s functions. It also has some troubleshooting tips you can do if you encounter some problems with your Thermomix.
The Thermomix TM5 also comes with various recipes. Once you get the hang of using it, you will be able to cook up sumptuous recipes, like parmesan risotto or salmon in mushroom cream sauce. This appliance can replace almost every cooking tool that you have in your kitchen.
Turning it On and Off
The first step in using the Thermomix is to learn how to power it on and off. Before doing so, make sure to place the appliance securely away from the edge of your kitchen counter. When not in use, you should store it safely to prevent any accidents.
The Thermomix TM5’s power cord is one meter long. If you place it near an electric outlet, you can safely tuck away the remaining length of the cord inside the Thermomix to avoid tangled wires. Before every use, make sure that the cable is not damaged.
Here is how to turn on the Thermomix TM5.
- Plug the cord into the wall outlet. It is best to plug it directly without the use of an extension cord.
- Switch on the appliance by pressing the selector.
- The home screen 1 will appear and you can press the “Home” icon to return to the home screen from the various menu options of the Thermomix.
- On the home screen display, you can also reset the dials by holding the home icon
Here is how to turn off Thermomix TM5.
- Press and hold the selector until a message appears that the Thermomix is switching off.
- Release the selector and unplug the power cord.
- Be sure that you turn off the Thermomix properly after each use.
Mixing and Blending
The Thermomix TM5 has different speed settings for thick and fine mixing, blending, as well as chopping. Always ensure that you adjust the speed depending on your usage. When using this feature, here are the things you should consider.
- Keep the contents of the bowl within the maximum capacity of 2.2 liters.
- Once the bowl is turned on, do not put your hands or any utensils inside. Avoid making any adjustments to the bowl when it is in operation. This will help avoid any kitchen accidents.
- Gradually increase the speed settings, especially when cooking hot food. A sudden increase may cause the food to spill.
The turbo feature can be used for speeding up the cooking process. It can also be used for roughly chopping large quantities of food. A safety feature of this mode prevents you from using it when the mixing bowl’s temperature is higher than 60°C. This feature will help prevent any burns or spills.
To activate the turbo mode, follow these steps.
- Tap on the mode icon and select “Turbo.” You will then be able to choose your desired blending time of 0.5, 1, or 2 seconds.
- Start the motor by touching and turning the dial screen display.
Here are some safety tips you need to remember when using the turbo feature.
- Make sure that the bowl is placed securely and is free from any blockage.
- Be aware of the temperature limit when using the turbo mode feature.
- When using the turbo mode for hot food, make sure that you will not touch the bowl at any time during the process.
- Once done, very carefully remove the bowl to avoid burns and spillages.
The dough mode is another feature of the Thermomix TM5. You can use this mode to make heavy yeast dough or bread dough. To activate the dough mode, follow these steps.
- Tap on the mode selection and select the dough mode icon.
- A message will appear on the screen confirming the activation of this mode.
- Alternately, you can also activate this feature by pressing the speed dial and turning the selector with or without pressing time.
This feature can only be used at a certain temperature. Once the mixing bowl has cooled down to a temperature below 60°C or 140°F, the dough mode can then be activated.
If the temperature is higher than this, it will not activate. Instead, it will show an error message informing you that the temperature is not suitable for this setting. To deactivate this feature, simply tap the mode icon again and it will be turned off.
Here are a few safety measures to follow when using the dough mode.
- When kneading dough, the movement of the mixing bowl can become rocky. Make sure that the Thermomix TM5 is placed at a safe distance from the edge of your table or kitchen counter. This will prevent it from falling off due to the rough movements.
- Make sure that you will not leave the appliance unattended during the kneading process.
These operating tips that include how to turn off Thermomix TM5 can be easily understood and followed from the appliance’s manual. Following these tips will go a long way to help you understand how the appliance operates. In case you encounter a problem with your Thermomix TM5 that cannot be fixed by the solutions found in the manual, it is best to call the service center of Thermomix for a professional solution.