Home appliances are getting better and better as technology becomes more advanced. Companies and innovators constantly add features to their products to bring more value and convenience to their customers. Take an oven, for example; from the small box type oven before, and there are now bigger versions with automatic features and a unique self-cleaning function. In this article, we will teach you how to self clean Dacor oven. This modern self-cleaning feature helps save your time in cleaning your oven because they can now clean and take care of their own with just a click.
Through the self-cleaning function of ovens, the need to scrub their internal and external surfaces is eliminated. It heats itself with a relatively high temperature to burn off the deposits on its surfaces. For a Dacor oven, the self-cleaning process may take 2 to 4 hours. Cleaning time varies depending on the oven type, system, and brand. Take note that the self-clean mode will not work if the meat probe remains connected. The oven normally emits smoke and popping sound for its first self-clean process due to metal contraction.
Step by Step Guide in Self-Cleaning Dacor Oven
If you have a Dacor oven at home, you probably see its self-cleaning button, and you would like to give it a try. Cleaning your oven will make its operation better and smoother. It will produce desirable baked goods for you, your family, and even your business. To guide you in cleaning a self-cleaning oven, follow these steps on how to self-clean Dacor oven based on Dacor wall oven self-cleaning instructions.
- Before you get started, make sure that you remove all the racks, convection, cookware, meat probe, foil, and any other loose objects inside the oven.
- Using a vinegar and water solution, clean and rinse the surfaces of the oven, including the gasket of the door. Be sure to use a non-scratch scouring pad to avoid unpleasant scratches on the oven’s surface.
- With a mild soap and water solution, dab and clean the door gasket.
- To remove the odor during the process, open the vents and fans in your kitchen.
- Be sure that the oven door is tightly closed before starting the self-clean process.
- After following all the previous instructions, you can now press the self-clean button.
- Select your preferred duration of the oven’s self-cleaning process. Press 2 for a light clean-up, 3 for medium, and 4 for heavy cleaning. If you notice that your oven has a heavy grease build-up, select a longer self-clean time to ensure that you will wipe it out during the process.
- When all is set, gently press the start key of the oven.
High temperatures during the cleaning process may cause injury. For safety reasons, the control panel will automatically lock the oven door during the entire self-cleaning process. In case you need to stop the clean cycle, just press the cancel and secure keys. The oven door will remain locked until it is safe to open. Wait for the lock symbol to disappear.
Note that an error message will pop out on the display screen when the oven door is not shut correctly. When this happens, press the cancel and secure button and wait for a while to close the oven door gently before you start the cleaning process again.
The clean icon, lock icon, and ON indicator will disappear from the screen display when the self-cleaning is done. The door latch will only be released when the inside has cooled down, but take extra caution because the oven will still be hot by this time.
- Before using the oven again, reinstall the convection filter and oven racks.
- You will see some ash residue at the bottom of the oven after the cleaning process, which is normal. When the oven has cooled down, use a sponge or a damp cloth to wipe up ash residue.
- Reinstall the convection filter and oven racks before using your oven again.
Be sure to follow the instruction on how to self clean Dacor oven carefully. Doing a regular cleaning cycle to your oven will help you maintain its parts, and you can be assured that it will have a longer life span.
Other Cleaning Tips
Aside from how to self clean Dacor oven, here are some tips for cleaning the exterior of your Dacor oven.
- You can repeat the cleaning process if there is still dirt and residue after your first clean-up cycle.
- Regularly do self-cleaning to maintain your oven, avoid odor and prevent excessive grease build-up.
- You can set the self-cleaning cycle later. Just set your desired time using the control keys.
- Activate the lock feature if you wish to clean the control panel to avoid accidental oven turn-on. Press cancel and secure keys if you want to deactivate the lock feature once you are done cleaning.
- Only use a soft side sponge when cleaning the control panel and oven exterior to avoid scratches.
- Use mild soft and cleansers in cleaning the exterior of the oven.
- Use a mild glass cleaner to remove fingerprints on glass surfaces.
Reasons to Buy Dacor Oven
Dacor has been around since 1965, offering luxury appliances with a notable long warranty. It assures its patrons of long-lasting and high-quality appliances while ensuring they will get the most out of what they paid for. If you are looking to buy a new oven or replace your old wall oven in your kitchen, you should check out different models from Dacor that will fit your style and budget. Its main selling point is luxury, so Dacor is probably the right brand for you if you are in for luxurious appliances. Learn more tips about Dacor ovens here!
Investing in good appliances is not just about buying them but properly cleaning them to prolong their use. Try to read the manual every time you buy a new appliance. You should carefully follow the instructions discussed above on how to self clean Dacor oven to ensure that it is well properly taken care of. Cleaning your Dacor oven regularly will maintain its parts and give it a longer life span.