Have you had those days when you don’t have time to prepare meals for dinner? If that often happens to you, how about making easy-to-prepare healthy food for the whole family? You can quickly grab a few kinds of seafood left in your fridge and prepare a delicious seafood pasta salad. This smooth, delectable seafood pasta salad features chewy pasta, a range of colorful vegetables, and a variety of shrimp, fish, and crabs. It’s ideal for get-togethers, picnics, and barbeques. This article shares some tips on how to make seafood pasta salad and other ingredient variations you can add.
What is Seafood Pasta Salad?
This delectable dish takes pasta salad and adds a range of seafood flavors to it. Serve it as a nutritional side dish alongside traditional comfort foods like roast potatoes, pork barbeque, or Sloppy Joes. It’s also a simple dish to prepare for potlucks, family gatherings, or birthday parties.
Although the cooked noodles and crab meat are delicious enough to serve as the main course, the greens on the salad take it up to the next level.
This salad’s tangy and flavorful ingredients will delight you. A few drops of honey, mixed into the dressing, creates a flavor your guests will never forget. You can easily play with the dish by stirring in some lemon zest or a tablespoon of sweet and savory flavors such as orange juice or maple syrup.
Is Seafood Pasta Salad Healthy
If you don’t have any source of fresh crab meat, you can use substitute crab, which has the same great taste as fresh crab but is low in carbs and cholesterol. Crabs contain essential nutrients such as B vitamins and minerals such as phosphorus.
If you’d like to turn this into a low-carb salad, reduce the amount of pasta and replace it with other ingredients, such as fresh lettuce or fruits like apple or pineapple. This is a smoother, delicious alternative to oil-based dressings of your rich pasta salad. Alter the flavor with your favorite ranch or red pepper seasoning – whatever works to your taste. You can also use more than one type of seafood to kick it up another level, making this chilled dish a lovely surprise.
How to Make Seafood Pasta Salad: Quick Guide
If you are craving a restaurant-style seafood pasta salad, you can opt to use crab meat, fish, shrimp, or a variety of shellfish in this recipe. Packaged shrimp and/or substitute crabmeat are also suitable options. This ‘how to make seafood pasta salad’ recipe is also a fantastic way to repurpose fried seafood that is sitting in your refrigerator.
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 2 cups crab meat or small shrimp
- 250g of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- 128g of thawed frozen peas
- 64g of chopped green pepper
- 64g of chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded carrot
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Boil the elbow macaroni in a pot of water and follow the directions in the package. You can chop and slice the celery and other ingredients while the noodles are cooking.
- In a big mixing bowl, stir these with mayonnaise, sour cream, white vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper to prepare the dressing. Place the mix in a sealed medium bowl and set to the side.
- Combine the pasta, crabmeat, peas, and celery in a large mixing bowl. Toss the vegetables in the creamy dressing until they’re evenly covered.
- Store the seafood pasta salad in a large bowl and cover it before putting it in the refrigerator. Allow for at least 2 hours of chilling time. Before eating, add the mixture cup of dressing out over the surface and mix it in. This will add extra creaminess and richness to the dish.
Seafood Pasta Salad Ingredients You Should Try
Add different kinds of seafood to this seafood pasta salad in addition to the crabmeat. Tuna (fresh or canned), prawn meat, oysters, or lobster are all good options. You can also use either fresh or canned peas if you have them in your pantry. You can also make this recipe with leftover seafood. Leftover tempura, lobster, or fried fish can work well with the flavors in this recipe.
Use rotini, penne, farfalle, radiatore pasta, or small noodles instead of macaroni. Most types of short noodles will work as long as they’re small enough for one bite. You can also make a healthy dish by using whole grain pasta or lentil pasta.
If you’d like to loosen up your salad, replace the mayo with Greek yogurt. Although it changes the flavor a bit, it still produces a delicious thick sauce, and it is much healthier.
Together with salt and pepper, there are a plethora of other seasonings to choose from. Steamed crabs seasoning, fresh chopped parsley, celery salt, chives salt, garlic powder, green onions, or cajun spices are good options.
You can also add a new dimension to the pasta salad with a variety of ingredients. Add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, vinaigrette, diced peppers, or a few grains of white sugar to taste. Add some parmesan cheese according to your liking.
How To Make Seafood Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
- 500g mixed seafood
- 96g of Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 340g of egg noodles
- 2 bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the seafood in a bowl with the Italian salad dressing. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes after covering with plastic wrap.
- Boil a bowl of salted water and place the noodles. Cook until the noodles are al dente. Drain the water and allow it to cool.
- Preheat the pan. In a skillet, saute the fish and the herbs and flavorings until the meat is cooked. Take the pan off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Pour the egg noodles and seafood in a big mixing bowl together with bell peppers, onion, lemon zest, and parsley. Season the salad to taste and pour with the Italian salad dressing. Toss all together.
- Refrigerate for an hour after covering, and then chill before serving.
That’s it! Hopefully, this article has given you added tips on how to make seafood pasta salad easily. This recipe is perfect for homecooks and restaurant owners. Seafood pasta salad is a great side dish for any menu. The flavors in this pasta salad aren’t overpowering. It’s a delicious combination of crabmeat, fish, herbs, some fruits, and crunchy vegetables. Learn more about other pasta salad recipes here.