Italy is renowned for its world-class cuisines, exceptional pasta recipes, and hospitality like no other. Making an Italian pasta salad is the best way to indulge yourself with some tasty and creamy goodness that is quite easy to prepare and cook.
Perhaps you want to learn and understand more about how to make Italian Pasta salad. So, in this article, we will give you some easy-to-make Italian pasta salad that is great for beginners and first-time cookers. So, grab your aprons and spoons ready as you will be having a wonderful time baking the best Italian pasta salad you could make.
Understanding Italian Pasta Salad
Italian pasta salad is a great way to enjoy an eventful afternoon, a day with the family, a picnic out in the woods, or just craving for that pasta goodness. What makes an Italian pasta salad good is the abundance of intricate flavors that are truly delicious at palatable. So, if you plan on making one for the entire family, the instructions are quite simple and straightforward.
Cooking an Italian pasta salad is like blending a few ingredients out in boiling water. It only needs some addition to the main ingredients – flavors from mayonnaise, cheese, and other herbs can improve your Italian pasta dish. One of the key important steps to making Italian pasta salad for the family is simmering and cooling the pasta correctly and then adding the perfect combination of salad dressing. So, without further ado, let’s get to the main objective – let’s learn how to make Italian pasta salad.
Italian Pasta Salad Recipe and Ingredients
Although there is an abundant choice of Italian pasta salads out there, here’s why you should make and memorize this one. Not only does this require you a minimal cooking experience, but the ingredients and preparations are quite easy to make. Even your child can make one! Check out this easy-to-follow procedure and all the ingredients needed to make a tasty Italian Pasta Salad.
Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- ½ medium-sized Red Onion
- 8oz to 12oz of dried pasta or Rotini
- 8oz of tomatoes, chopped.
- One piece of small-size Cucumber, sliced into thin cubes, lengthwise.
- Mozzarella balls, drained and halved (4 oz)
- 4oz of slices of Salami
- One cup chopped parsley leaves
- The first step is making your salad dressing. In doing this, you need to gather all of the ingredients in a small container or bowl. Get a whisk and slowly combine all the ingredients until it is incorporated.
- Next, add the thoroughly chopped onions onto the dressing and soften it up. Once you’ve mixed all the ingredients for the salad dressing, pour in the red onions. Set aside.
- The next step is cooking your pasta. Pour or put in two quarts of water on a large pot; make sure that it’s under medium heat. Pour in some pinch of salt.
- Once the water boils, add your pasta and cook it until you find it soft and chewy. Don’t overcook your pasta, or it will not be as tasty as you would’ve wanted to. Cook the pasta at around 6 to 8 mins depending on your heat; get a spoon and check the stiffness of the pasta. If it is still stiff, let it sit for a minute or two, then check again.
- In a colander, pour in your pasta once desired consistency is reached. Then pour in cold water on the colander with the pasta on it. Let it cool. Set it aside for around 5 to 7 minutes.
- The next step is mixing the pasta salad ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, pour all the pasta salad ingredients. Add your cooled pasta, salami, mozzarella, parsley, Cucumber, and tomatoes. You may add up any veggies you might think can complement the entire salad.
- Now, toss the salad dressing onto the bowl, mix them well. See to it that everything is combined evenly before you set it aside.
- In addition, some people love their Italian pasta salad a little bit cold on the inside. So, store your freshly-made Italian pasta salad in your refrigerator for around 30 to 40minutes. This method is also used so the flavors inside blend well.
Useful Tips in Cooking the Best Italian Pasta Salad
For you to cook and serve the best and mouth-watering Italian Pasta salad, here are some of the tips to keep in mind:
- Whenever you cut your veggies, cut them small or in tidbits. This ensures you get the most flavors out of every veggie you incorporate into the salad.
- Don’t overcook your pasta. As mentioned earlier, overcooking your pasta can result in a mushy texture that is quite unpleasant to eat with. Whenever you cook your pasta, check it from time to time to ensure you get the best consistency. Once it’s done, run them through cold water to shock them, cooked al dente in a stream of cold water for best results.
- Before adding all the ingredients, cool your pasta first. You don’t want to overcook your veggies as you have already tossed them in the mix.
- Before serving it, let it sit around 25 to 30mins. Sitting the Italian pasta salad for a good 30 minutes ensures that the entire mixture is well incorporated. This results in a more delicious and profound taste throughout.
- Always keep it colorful. Whenever you go for added veggies, keep it colorful. By colorful, it means veggies such as bell peppers, shredded carrots, tomatoes to make it more appealing and even more delicious.
Learning how to make Italian pasta salad is a great and enjoyable way to consume time and, at the same time, satisfy all your cravings. If you happen to crave some Italian pasta salad goodness, then just take a look at it as it is quite easy and quick to make.
Finally, you can mix and match different veggies of your liking. As long as every veggie you add complements different flavors, you are good to go. In this time of the pandemic, learning how to cook different kinds of pasta is a fun way not to get bored and get your tummies full! Find out for more salad recipe here!