Have you ever wanted to hang your own café lights? Today’s trend includes café lights in its aesthetics that it can be seen almost everywhere -restaurants, cafes, beach resorts, even bedrooms and home backyards! You may have wanted to try this trend out in your own home to up its vibe, to spice up your evenings, or to make your home an enjoyable sight for when you hold intimate celebrations with family and friends. If you want to learn how to hang café lights, then this article will walk you through the process!
What You Need
Before we go through the step-by-step process of how to hang café lights, let us lay down all the things we need. Below is a list of the materials:
- Heavy Duty String lights and bulbs
- Waterproof outdoor outlet or outdoor extension cord [with remote or timer, if necessary]
- Screw eyes / Hooks
- Mini metal carabiners
- Wood-bearing drilling [slightly smaller than screw eyes]
How To Hang Café Lights
Once you have gathered all the materials you need, you may start setting up your café lights. Here’s how:
- Measure Your Space. In order for you to be sure you have enough string lights, measure your space first.
- Choose Anchor Points. Since you have measured your space, start choosing your anchor points so you may visualize where your lights will hang. Lay the string lights around your space and plan where you want the lights to hang, and then adjust until it is placed where you desire them to be. With the ladder and pencil, mark the estimated anchor points. Go along with what works for you and your space. Also, ensure that the lights’ plug is near the power outlet, or make use of an outdoor extension cord.
- Install Screw Eye Hooks. Before anything else, drill holes into the anchor points you have previously chosen. After, twist screw eyes onto the holes.
Note: The number of holes to drill and screw eyes to install depends on how you want your café lights to hang. If you want your lights to stretch around the perimeter, then install a screw eye for each light. If you want your light to sway, then decide on an interval for the screw eyes like one for every second or every third light.
- Lodge String Lights. Using mini metal carabiners, lodge the string lights onto the screw eyes. Thread the carabiner through the hole on top of the light, then thread it through the screw eye. This manner of installation makes it more convenient to place and remove, or even readjust, the lights as you wish.
- Place Light Bulbs. In the socket of each light, install one bulb. Make sure that each bulb is twisted until it is securely attached.
Note: Any lights bulbs can be used. However, if you plan on using the café lights as frequent all throughout the year, then you might want to use LED bulbs, as it is known to help save energy.
- Power Up String Lights. Plug in your café lights to an extension cord or to a power outlet, whichever you opted for at the beginning. Ensure that the power outlet is secured. You can make use of an outlet timer so you no longer have to worry about leaving your café lights as you can set a timer for it to turn on and off at specific times.
If ever you get in town for a trip, you can got to this awesome café shop and try their best-selling coffee and bites.
Extra Tips For Hanging Café Lights
Knowing the process is better when you know important tips to note when doing something. Here are extra tips that will help you in hanging your café lights:
- Using heavy duty lights is highly recommended. This type of lights is made to stand against elements and weather.
- It is best to use a remote for your café light. The remote makes the experience more convenient as you can turn the lights on and off even when inside your home.
- Take off the bulbs BEFORE hanging to avoid breaking.
- If you are to hang your café lights on stucco, then you need to use wall anchors that are specific to stucco.
- Get someone to assist you. The entire installation process will be easier and quicker if you have extra hands that will help you out.
You can buy organic coffee at this grocery store if you want a healthy coffee or tea.
Ideas On Where To Hang Café Lights Outdoors
Aside from the extra tips, we are laying down other ideas for you that you might want to consider for where to hang your café lights. These are outdoor spots you could try and hang your café lights on:
- Pergola or Pergoda
- Across the lawn, from the house to a tree
- Poles in the backyard
- Around the fence
- Along bushes or hedges
- Around an outdoor tree or hanging down its branches
- Tree house
- Above the fire pit
Are you looking to amp your café business with the best website design? You can stop by at this group to learn more about their services.
Café lights always make everything seem brighter and lighter. This new trend of aesthetic just puts people in awe as it brings a fairy-like experience, however and wherever it is installed -restaurants, cafes, bedrooms and homes. Now that we have gone through the process of how to hang café lights, you can start planning when and where to put up your own café lights at home! With café lights in sight around your space, get-togethers with family and friends can feel even better and are more enjoyable.