Many people would agree that grilled foods are one of the best foods in the world. Wherever you go, each place has its own specialty of grilled foods. While some people travel and visit sites near and far to experience excellent and unique grilled foods from various cities and countries, others enjoy prepping and grilling in their homes.
Traditionally, people use gas or charcoal to grill food, but thanks to modern technology, we now have electric grills that we can use when we host barbecue parties or simply want to enjoy grilled food. Now, some of you may get curious about electric grills and wonder how different they are from traditional ones. Well, nothing to worry about. After reading this article, you’ll know more about electric grills and even learn how long to cook pork chops on electric grills.
Know More About Electric Grills
Before we learn how long to cook pork chops on electric grills, let us first talk about electric grills. An electric grill is a modern innovation of the traditional gas or charcoal grill. It has a heating element that relies on electricity to produce heat, so no flame is involved. It is constructed with a grate above the electric elements and has a drip pan below the heating element to catch juices from the foods during the grilling process. There are several types of electric grills that you can choose from depending on your needs and lifestyle.
- Outdoor Electric Grill – this electric grill has many similarities to traditional grills. However, the most significant difference is that this type uses electricity to produce heat. Using outdoor electric grills also requires less effort than the traditional ones, aside from being more environment-friendly.
- Indoor Electric Grill – this type of electric grill is designed mainly for, yes you got it, indoor use. Indoor electric grills are best for people who have limited space at home or don’t have access to a backyard or a patio. This is also great for people who live in cold countries as they don’t need to wait for the summer season to enjoy grilled foods and have barbecue parties at home.
- Electric Griddles – this type of electric grill has a flat and smooth surface, unlike the usual grills. It does not have the raised part in the pan that most grills have that catches excess liquid. Electric griddles are commonly used when making pancakes, eggs, and other similar foods that do not emit grease like meat.
- Electric Smoker – this is a specific type of grill that especially cooks the meat. To improve the flavor, an electric smoker cooks meat at a slower pace. The longer the meat stays on the electric smoker, the more flavor it gets during the process.
What Are the Advantages of Electric Grills
One reason why electric grills gained popularity is because of their convenience. Electric grills do not need charcoal, firewood, or gas. What it needs is a power outlet and electricity. This means that it is very easy to use and relatively more convenient than traditional grills.
And since electric grills have become popular these days, some of its manufacturers added several features that make it more interesting. Here are more reasons why you should consider using electric grills:
- Electric grills can be used both indoors and outdoors – there are several options you can choose from. Some are specifically designed to be used outdoors or indoors. You can also find electric grills that can be used both indoors or outdoors. So whatever your need or preference is, there is an electric grill that suits you.
- It is easy to control the temperature and heat – electric grills have a thermostat that regulates heat and its temperature. With this, you wouldn’t have to worry about undercook or burnt food. You can be confident that meat will be cooked even if you’re not sure how long to cook pork chops on electric grill.
- Electric grills are safe to use – this is perhaps one of the main reasons electric grills have become popular. With electric grills, users do not have to worry about gas leaks, which minimize fire incidents. It does not produce smoke and other harmful fumes, making it safe for grilling and preparing food.
- They are easy to clean and maintain – electric grills usually come with nonstick and detachable plates and grills, while some have dishwasher-friendly plates. This means it requires less effort to clean them.
How Long Should You Cook Pork Chops On Electric Grill?
Now that you have learned the basic things about electric grills let’s talk about how long to cook pork chops on electric grills. Porkchop is certainly one of the tastiest food there is, and one of the best ways to cook them is by grilling. Grilling pork chops using an electric grill is very easy and convenient. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to make them. Check out the steps below to learn how to cook and how long to cook pork chops on electric grills.
George Foreman grill is one of the best grills available in the market. It is easy to cook breaded pork chops on the George Foreman grill. If you want to know how long it takes to cook thin boneless pork chops on the George Foreman grill or how long to cook pork loin steaks on the George Foreman grill, keep reading below.
- Preheat the electric grill. Set it between 325 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the grill get hot. Some units have a light that either turns on or off when it reaches the set temperature.
- If your grill plate isn’t nonstick, brush it with olive oil or any cooking oil.
- Prepare the pork chops. It is recommended that the meat is at room temperature before placing it on the grill to ensure that it cooks evenly, including the center. Lightly sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork chops on the grill carefully. Let it cook for about four to six minutes or when one side turns golden brown. Flip on the other side and cook for another three minutes. The thinness or thickness of the pork chops can affect the cooking time. For thin boneless pork chops, cooking time takes around five minutes. For pork loin steaks, it usually takes around eight minutes per side to cook, depending on the thickness of the meat. You can use a digital thermometer and insert it into the center of the meat to ensure its doneness. The temperature must be within 145 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium and well done, respectively.
- Remove the pork chops from the grill and place them on a plate. Let it rest for about three to five minutes before serving to allow the juices to be reabsorbed.
- Serve it with your favorite sides and drinks.
Most people enjoy spending time and eating good food with their family and friends. This is perhaps why gatherings like barbecue parties are popular everywhere in the world. People usually have this kind of party during the warm season as grilling food is always done outdoors. But with the invention and innovation of electric grills, everything becomes a lot easier, faster, and more convenient. We can enjoy grilled foods even during the winter months.
And since you have now learned how to cook and know how long to cook pork chops on electric grills, you can start planning your next gathering with friends and family.